Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thursday-Broccoli spaghetti (modified)

Here we are again. It's sunday and I'm playing catch up. :)
So Thursday evening I set out to make Broccoli Spaghetti, a recipe I found on http://www.naturalfamilyrecipes.com/. Well, as it turns out I deviated a bit and with wonderful results. Hip hip hooray! :)
Here's the original;

Broccoli Spaghetti
1-2 bunches of broccoli cut into small florets (I used 1 10oz bag organic frozen)
8-12 oz of pasta, choose your favorite
3-4 cloves of garlic smashed and chopped (I used 1)
1/2 to 1 cup Parmesan cheese or to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter
salt/pepper
red pepper flakes--**added on top, so you can leave off for kids (I omitted)
I added 2 chicken breasts, cooked then cubed and topped with Mushroom Alfredo sauce
Cook pasta and broccoli in boiling water. You may need to add in at different times. Drain in colander. In the same pot, melt butter and olive oil together.  When heated add garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. Add pasta and broccoli back in and stir around to coat all of the noodles with garlic butter.  Add in Parmesan cheese and stir all around. Taste and season with salt/pepper. Serve right away and sprinkle red pepper flakes on top. Add a quick salad and fruit...it's a meal!

Everyone loved the result. There was even enough leftovers for lunch on friday and it was delicious!
Hope you all enjoy this tasty meal, in either the original or modified forms. ;)
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)