Saturday, April 9, 2011

Friday brings steaks!

2 Posts in a row! Go me! LOL!
So Friday's dinner was a little thrown thanks to finding a rash of unknown origin on Justice. It's resolved now and we still don't know what it brought it on (no new foods or drink for her yesterday), but having to interrupt the schedule for a bath and stuff was just enough to kerbobble my brain. I tried Dijon Grill Machine Steaks. We bought steaks forever ago (it seems) and have had them in the freezer not quite knowing what to do with them as we don't have a real grill. I found this recipe and felt like I hit the jackpot! I thought broccoli would be a good compliment (I'm still trying to figure out how to pair foods). But alas, I forgot about potatoes...hello?! Steak and potatoes?! Yeah.... oh well, now I'll remember for next time. The dijon mixture is delicious. We unfortunately had very fatty steaks and it was rather difficult to find quality meat but we'll be repeating this recipe with leaner, meatier steaks.

Grill Machine Dijon Steak
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 5 min.
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
4 rib eye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
Sauté garlic and half the oil (I used it all) 2 minutes in a saucepan over high heat. Stir in next 3 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture over both sides of steaks. Preheat grill machine. Brush remaining oil over both grilling surfaces (I used cooking spray). Arrange steaks on hot grill, in batches if necessary. Close cover and cook about 5 minutes, or until meat is cooked thoroughly.

Not having grilled in quite a long time, I would imagine this recipe would work well with a regular grill but you'd probably have to at least double the recipe for all the mix that would drip/cook through the grill. If you try it, let me know!
Have a great weekend
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)