Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Steak & Zucchini Fettuccine

Wednesday is here. It's gloomy outside and I'm sitting with a delicious cup of peppermint hot cocoa as I bring you Tuesdays dinner. We had Steak & Zucchini Fettuccine. Normally I'm not a fan of pasta without some kind of sauce, but this was quite yummy. This is another http://www.mealsforyou.com/ find.

Fettuccine with Steak and Zucchini
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 15 min.
1 lb. fettuccine or other pasta
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
2 Tbs. olive oil
3/4 lb. onions, thinly sliced (we're not big on onions so I used a few shakes of dried minced)4 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 lb. zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tsp. basil, or 1/3 cup fresh, chopped
1 lb. round steaks or top sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain (I used just over 1lb of stir-fry beef)1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used about 1/2 cup)

Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Return pasta to saucepan. Toss with butter and keep warm. Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onions 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and zucchini and continue to sauté another 4-5 minutes or until zucchini softens. Stir in basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer vegetables to a platter and keep warm. Add steak slices to skillet and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until meat is just cooked throughout. Combine vegetables, meat and pasta in a serving bowl. Serve with Parmesan.

One of the comments was that the meat was too tough and it should be tried with chicken or just by itself. The rest of the family enjoyed the steak (not often used in our house) and thought that it was quite good the way it was.
I hope that you try this and enjoy it, in whatever incarnation you choose. :)
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)