Monday, April 4, 2011

Slow cooker Beef Stroganoff

Happy Monday to you. I hope that you had a nice weekend (hopefully it wasn't 80 degrees one day and snowing the next like it was here).
Well this evening we had Slow cooker Beef Stroganoff. I didn't think this meal was going to happen tonight, 1st because it just did NOT look like enough and 2nd because I realized all too late that I started it quite early. Well, all is well that ends well. It came out great and there was enough for leftover lunch tomorrow!Guess that just goes to show how much I know huh?!  ;)
Oh! And I just want to say; I absolutely remembered to take pictures of this meal, but alas, my camera decided that I should continue to look poorly organized and wouldn't allow it. So, sorry-I'll either attempt blackmail with new batteries and hope that works or I may just find a quiet place to bury it...
Here is the original recipe (courtesy of Mealplanningmommies) for you and when you try this one, feel free to post pics! :)

2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 3/4 lb. boneless beef round steak (I used 3/4 lb and it was plenty for 6 people or mix it up and just use ground beef) (I used 1 lb. lean ground beef)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 envelope dried onion soup mix
1/2 cup sour cream
9 oz jar (can or fresh) mushrooms (we opted to not put these in our stroganoff) (I also omitted)

Step 1: combine 2 tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. pepper in slow cooker
Step 2: Cut meat into 1 1/2 x 1 inch strips (or cubed like mine) and toss in flour mixture until well coated.
Step 3: Add mushroom soup, 1/2 cup water, and soup mix. Stir until well blended.
Step 4: Cover, cook on High 3-3/12 hours or Low 6-7 hours
Step 5: Stir in mushrooms, 1/2 cup sour cream.
Let the sour cream cook in the stroganoff about 10-15 minutes or until heated through
Step 6: Cook your noodles. I chose to eat our stroganoff over noodles, but it would be just as good over rice, bread or potatoes. (We also did noodles, but used spaghetti since we had plenty on hand)
Step 7: Don't forget your veggie for a side! We chose to cook some carrots (I stuck with the original here and steamed whole organic baby carrots)
Step 8: Serve and enjoy! Yummy! (We here carry that motion!)

This was enough to feed 4 adults, my little one that only ate the meat, and to have some for lunch tomorrow. I hope that you try this soon and enjoy it. We'll be having this one again.
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)