Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baked Chicken Nuggets

Happy Thursday to you! I hope that your week is going well and your meals have been successful.

Last night I finally tried a recipe I found on http://www.mealsforyou.com/ that's been on the meal plan for two weeks or so. The recipe listed prep time as 15 minutes and cook time as 15 minutes but somewhere in my brain I was just convinced it was going to take longer in prep. Maybe it was just my aversion to dealing with chicken that kept me away. Either way, yesterdays prep was a pleasant surprise. As was the final result. Several bites in, I was actually surprised to hear "you made these? I thought they were store bought.". It was a great compliment. The fact that my increasingly picky and stubborn toddler approved as well was just the icing on the cake! So here's the recipe. Make sure to keep ahold of this one as I'm sure you will end up making it as frequently as I have a feeling I will be!

Baked Chicken Nuggets
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 15 min.
1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I used 5 boneless skinless breasts-1 for each of us)1 cup corn flakes cereal (I used corn flake crumbs and had to add an extra 1/4 cup to cover more meat)1 tsp. paprika (I omitted)1/2 tsp. Italian herb seasoning (omitted)1/4 tsp. onion powder (omitted)1/4 tsp. garlic powder (I used garlic salt instead)
pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Place cornflakes in a plastic bag. Crush using a rolling pin. Add remaining ingredients to the bag and shake well. Gradually add chicken pieces to the bag. Shake to coat. Place coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cooking sheet so they are not touching. Bake until golden brown, about 13-15 minutes.



I served ours with tater tots ("Crispy Crowns" to be specific). It was a great fast casual meal. Together with some different dipping sauces we picked up on a recent grocery trip (sweet n' sour, honey mustard, barbeque sauce, and ketchup), it was pretty tasty.
I hope you enjoy this easy, better than fried, version of a classic. We did and they'll be repeated again soon I'm sure.
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)