Monday, March 14, 2011

New week & a Great find! :)

Hey friends!

Just thought I'd share a few things with you. 1st off, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Ours was pretty great. Nothing too spectacular, but a good weekend. :)
2nd- Sorry for the break all. Thursday was a bit of a rough day all in all and dinner was had 'out'! And boy, was it needed!! Friday we did burgers so there was nothing to post/report on of any significance. Last night was eventful though I tell ya. We decided to hit up Arby's after grocery shopping. I figured Justice could try her hand at a chicken strip or two and I knew she'd dig the fries. Well...let me just say...No More Eating Out For Justice until she sees an allergist! It's just too stressful for Mom and Dad. First, she choked on too big a bite of fry (no major deal) but her eyes and mouth got super red and seeing that darn near gave me a heart attack! Then, after some seriously funny faces from the little love, I softly rubbed/'pinched' her cheeks and then they got all red and splotchy. There was obviously something on my fingers that her skin was not a fan of because I barely made contact (certainly NOT enough to make her red). So there was an attention grabber! ~Sigh~
After her reaction to the Gerber meal a few weeks ago (to what we have not yet identified), it's just too much! So on top of making dinner every morning/afternoon I will also be trying to stock up on easy-to-travel-with foods for Justice. If/when we go out to eat, we'll just have to take something along for the sweet girl to eat.

At any rate, I also wanted to share with you a FANTASTIC and immeasurably helpful website I found on Thursday. It's http://www.mealsforyou.com/ .  I stumbled onto this site and almost danced for joy! It has, seemingly, a MILLION recipes. One of the most amazing and usable tools I've seen, maybe ever, is the Search function. Or more specifically, the Advanced Search. You can select foods/food groups you want to be EXCLUDED in recipes. You can also specify Desired Nutritional Levels as well as Prep/Marinade/Cook times. It's Absolutely Wonderful!!! Each recipe has complete nutritional information with it as well. Needless to say, I've been on that site almost endlessly finding wonderful recipes that I can't wait to try!

Back to the kitchen today with a new recipe (actually NOT found on the above site). I'll be sure to take and post pics with the recipe and results.

Enjoy-
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)