Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recipe #2 - Chicken/corn patties

I tried this one yesterday. Again, this one is courtesy of http://food-4tots.com/. They were delicious, my only caveat would be to mention how much prep/cook time these required. I had about an hour of prep (cooking chicken, then cutting everything) and the actual cook time was about an hour and a half. I was quite surprised at how long it took but was pleased with the result as was everyone else (Justice had them for both lunch AND dinner!). My next attempt I will be changing a few things, like using a chopper to do the chicken and possibly the corn, and finding some yummy dipping sauces. A garlicy sauce and a sweet/tangy asian style sauce would go quite nicely.

I doubled the recipe as I was looking to feed 3 hungry adults, a growing boy that out eats some adults, and a toddler. I will be tripling it next time...








RECIPE FOR CHICKEN AND CORN PATTIES
Yield: 24
Ingredients:
1 cup chicken breast – minced (approx. 1 breast)- I cooked the chicken with some garlic salt and lemon pepper for a little different flavor. It was good and light.
1/3 large fresh corn-on-the-cob
(I used frozen organic)
3 pieces of water chestnuts – finely diced
10 strings of fine French beans – finely diced
1 small red onion (about 60g) – minced (I omitted)
½ cup normal breadcrumb/ panko crumb (Japanese breadcrumb) (I used cornflake crumbs)
2 ½ tbsp cornflour
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
2 tsp cooking oil (I used olive oil)

Seasoning:
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp sugar
¼ tsp paprika (optional) (I omitted)
Dash of pepper

Methods:
1.Put chicken breast, sweet corns, water chestnuts, fine French beans and red onion into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add in breadcrumb and cornflour to the mixture.
2.Add in egg, seasoning and oil. Stir in one direction until the batter is well distributed.
3.Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Drop1 tablespoonful of batter into the pan and flatten slightly with a spatula/ fork. Lower heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cook the patties in batches. (refer to note 2)
4.Transfer patties to a serving plate lined with kitchen paper. Best to serve warm with dipping sauce.

Notes:
1.Remove the outer leaves and thin hairs (silk), wash and rinse and then carefully run a knife down the cob to cut out the corns.
2.Keep the patties manageable at a heaped tablespoon. Too large a patty will take longer to cook and the patty may break up. Use a spoon to scoop the batter and pressed it against the side of the bowl then a fork to scrape the batter into the pan.
3.There is no need to pre-cook the fresh corns.




Enjoy! Justice (and the rest of us) sure did!

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)