Thursday, March 24, 2011

A delayed post...Honey Garlic Chicken

Well this one is only 2 days late... my apologies to you.
Tuesday I decided to try Honey Garlic Chicken, another http://www.mealsforyou.com/ find. I got the chicken out and was all ready to go when I looked at the end of the recipe better and realized it was supposed to be broiled. That's a bit of a problem since we're without a broiler pan. Not being able to go out and get one, I decided to try baking it instead. Afterall, that was my planned meal for the day and I was all ready and everything!
This one is a definite repeat but probably not until I get a broiler pan. The chicken had delicious flavor, but was a bit dry. Broiling would help alleviate that.
So here's the recipe;

Honey Garlic Chicken
Prep: 10 min, Marinate: 40 min, Cook: 10 min.
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used 1 med-large clove)
Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over chicken and turn to coat. Marinate 40 minutes. Turn on broiler. Arrange chicken on a broiler pan and place 5 inches from heat source. Broil 5 minutes per side, basting occasionally with marinade, or until chicken is opaque throughout.
I added my marinade ingredients to a medium glass jar and shook vigorously to mix then poured it over the chicken. Next time I will mix in the jar then add to gallon size zippered bag with chicken to marinate. I've used this method many times when marinating and it works better than leaving in a dish I find.
I served this chicken with corn and mashed potatoes. Nothing extraordinary as I fixed the sides after coming home from karate testing (Hyahhhhhh!!!!!)[which also accounts for the lack of pictures-my apologies] but they were good compliments to the sweet hints of the chicken.
Hope you enjoy this flavorful chicken as much as we did.
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)