Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Resuming recipes... Easy 20 minute Beef/Veggie/Rice skillet

Happy Tuesday Friends!!

I have been remiss lately with the recipes...again. My most sincere apologies. I absolutely love discovering, trying, and then reporting all of our trials. But alas, I have let all of our "stuff" get in the way and just haven't been making new recipes much lately. We have had a couple lately which I will be presenting for you today and I also found some really wonderful sounding recipes this weekend and am super excited about trying and sharing them!! So....Let's get to it shall we?! :)

This is not only quick (Yay!! My fave!!) but it's a one pot too!! Woo Hoo!!

20 Minute Vegetable Beef and Rice Skillet Dinner (courtesy of FoodChannel.com)

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef (I used 2lbs.)
1 small onion, chopped (I used several shakes of dried minced)
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained (used 2)
1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth (used about 18oz)
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (pretty sure I used bout 2 cups)
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked (I did 2 heaping cups)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (yeah...I just added shredded taco cheese until it looked good)

Preparation
BROWN meat with onion in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
ADD tomatoes with liquid, broth and vegetables; stir. Bring to boil.
STIR in rice and cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.

pre-rice and cheese

I made a HUGE batch!! There was a TON of leftovers...but that's ok. It was yummy! And have I mentioned that it was easy....and fast....and only took ONE POT?!?!!! :D

We enjoyed it the night I made it and we've also enjoyed it for lunches since.

This one is definitely going to be added to the "oh crapdoodles!!...I forgot about dinner tonight" arsenal.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)