Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ab Fab!!! Tortellini with Vegetables

Well I have an absolutely wonderful recipe for you loves!

I pulled this one from the Super Suppers Cookbook. It's actually vegetarian but that could be changed easily enough.

I'm just going to tell you now......This was a HUGE hit in our house!! :) As a matter of fact, my text to Dominic (he was at job #2) was "Dinner is FREAKIN DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Yumm! Go me!!! :D"  LOL

So here you go...The whats and how to and then you can decide for yourself!

Tortellini with Vegetables

Nonstick cooking spray
2 Tablespoons olive oil
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I, as usual, just used a few shakes of dried minced)
2 cups fresh or frozen UNCOOKED three-cheese tortellini
4 cups marinara sauce (I used one 25 oz jar of Emeril's Hearty Marinara--Great Flavor!)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I sprinkled shredded 3 cheese mix until nicely covered)
~~This says Makes: 10 servings...not so much. This fed 4 adults with a small helping leftover.~~

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Preheat oil in large skillet. Saute mushrooms, zucchini, and onion in hot oil until tender. (I did zucchini and onion 1st, then added mushrooms a little later so they stayed a little more firm) Arrange tortellini in prepared baking dish. Top with cooked vegetables. Pour marinara over top.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake 10 minutes more.

I served this with a delicious salad and some garlic bread. It was absolutely wonderful!!


I hope that you all try this. I'd love to hear from anyone that adds meat as well!

Delectable dining!

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)