Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Delicious and Different...Asian Chicken Noodle Salad

This is another one from the Super Suppers Cookbook. I saw this one- saw it was easy, different, and quick. I was SOLD!! :) So much so that I managed to forget to take pictures.... I know, I know...don't everyone die of shock all at once! I'm getting better..... ;)

Now...the little tag-line under this recipe says "These noodles can be habit-forming."  Yep...Gonna testify to that one! :)


Asian Chicken Noodle Salad
Makes 6-8 servings. (my adding extra noodles boosted it by a serving or so)

12 oz dried Chinese egg noodles (I used about 16oz)
2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (12 oz total), poached (see here for instructions on poaching chicken) and chopped (2 cups) [I used 3 breast halves]
1 8oz can bamboo shoots, drained
1 8oz can water chestnuts, drained
1 cup canned baby corn
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (I omitted)
5 green onions, thinly sliced (I omitted)
(I added 1 carrot, thinly sliced)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil (I omitted-thought I had it but didn't..)
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used the little yellow bottle)
1 tsp salt (or to taste)

Cook noodles according to package directions, drain. In a large bowl combine cooked noodles, chopped chicken, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, baby corn, bell pepper, and green onion. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together mayo, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, and salt. Pour dressing over chicken noodle mixture; toss to coat.

I made this in the afternoon and threw the (Big) bowl in the fridge until we were ready for it. The dressing thickened a little bit, but was delicious. It can definitely be eaten warmed or cold. We all chose warmed each time we had it but do-able straight out of the fridge. With the slight adjustments to the amounts, this fed 4 adults for dinner with leftovers for 3 lunches.
This one is kind of a triumph for me. I loved it and I don't really like any of the individual ingredients. I've never been a fan of bamboo, baby corn, or water chestnuts.. LOL

Enjoy this quick and easy out of the ordinary meal-we did! :)

Mo

2 comments:

  1. ooh, yummy! I'm forwarding this to Alfred so he can cook it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Keely!!! LOL
    Love your delegating skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)