Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Perfectly Poached...A How To

I'd often seen "poached chicken" listed in ingredients lists or in recipe directions but I never really knew what it actually meant. Well, finally one day, I looked it up.
Huh....Talk about easy!
Sweet! A guaranteed way to cook chicken and have it come out moist every time. I'm there!

So here you go. Your chicken poaching how-to;

Place desired number of chicken breasts in a saucepan with a lid. Cover breasts with water (or seasoned broth). Place over high heat and bring to a boil, uncovered. Once liquid is at a full boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 20 minutes, untouched.

This will yield tender moist chicken every time, regardless of how many breasts you're poaching.
(If you're going to be freezing them afterwards, make sure to add enough of the liquid to the freezer bag to cover the chicken. This will help insulate against freezer burn.)

Your friend in cooking,

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)