Monday, May 23, 2011

Rosemary Steaks, Sweet Potato Fries & Lemon Green Beans...Yumm

Another new recipe! Yay!
~~Warning, probably not a vegetarian friendly read (course, they probably wouldn't read this one based on the title...) LOL~~
This one was on the plan for Wednesday but got pushed back to Thursday. We don't do beef all that often in our house, Dominic's not a huge fan of beef plus he needs to stay away from the high absorbable iron content. I however, am all about dead cow! Bring it on!! I love me some red meat!! Mmmmmmmm!!!!!
Anywho....
I saw this recipe somewhere (I cannot for the life of me remember where I found it) and held onto it for one of our rare beef ventures. We've done a little more lately since Dominic has been in a rare beef friendly mood and I'm all about taking advantage of it. :)
So-I tried this out Thursday to good reviews. I threw in some bagged Sweet Potato Fries and tried a Lemon Green Beans recipe I found on MealsforYou.
This can be done with real steaks on a grill or, like I did with Eye of Round Thin Cut 'Steaks' on the George Foreman.

Rosemary Beef
Prep: 10 min, Marinate: 15 min, Cook: 10 min.
1 tsp. rosemary, crumbled or 2 tsp. fresh, minced
2 tsp. salt (optional)
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. pepper
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used some garlic salt instead)
4 strip steaks, about 1/4 lb. each (I used 10 thin cut eye of round steaks)
2 Tbs. olive oil
Prepare grill or broiler. Mash rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a bowl. Rub mixture into meat and let sit about 15 minutes.(I added it all to a gallon zipper bag and rolled it around to coat then let it sit about 20 mins or so) Grill meat 3 minutes per side for medium-rare meat; cook longer as desired.





Lemon Green Beans
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 15 min.
1 lb. green beans
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice (I used a little less)
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. parsley, chopped
Place beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 5-7 minutes or until green beans are tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.
Combine water and lemon juice in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in butter. Add green beans and lemon zest. Simmer 3-4 minutes or until green beans are heated throughout. Remove from heat. Add parsley and salt to taste and toss.




Everybody loved it all. Almost- Dominic is not a lemon fan and thought the green beans were a little too 'sour' (good thing I didn't add as much lemon as the recipe called for huh?!) but the rest of us enjoyed them.
I hope that you do too when you try this easy well balanced meal at home! :)

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)