Monday, May 23, 2011

Fabulously fast and extraordinarily easy! Woo Hooo! :)

This week has started off well like several weeks have lately, let's see if I can keep it going. Not incredibly likely since I found a great coupon for Kids Eat Free at Chili's tomorrow...but we'll see. :)
Last night I made Creamy Rice with Ham and Peas. This was great! Not only was it easy (a pretty important pre-requisite of mine) but it was super fast! Yeah Baby (in a very Austin Powers kinda way)!! And....here comes the Bonus.......
1 pan baby!!!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!!!! :)
Not too much to tell here except the obvious fact of me forgetting to take pics AGAIN!!! I promise...One day, that will change! That's an absolute promise. I will not however comment on the timeline associated with said promise... ;)
So here's the recipe courtesy of The Food Channel.

Ingredients
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onions (I omitted)
2 cups milk
1 cup chopped ham
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese (I used a little more-we LOVE cheese)
Preparation
MELT butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender.
ADD milk, ham, peas and bouillon; stir. Bring to boil.
STIR in rice and Parmesan cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.

This was delicious and easy. Definite repeat. Now...if only I could figure out how to get Justice to eat it next time.... Wish me luck or of course, let me know if you have any ideas.

Mo

P.S. I already made Monday's dinner...! Woo Hoo!!! :) Go me! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower from Taming Tuesday Blog hop!

    ~Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)