Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meat and Potatoes! (and not much else)

Recipe dos for ya! :)

I found this one in my dusty cookbook search as well. This one comes from The Four Ingredient Cookbooks. It's called...so glamorously, Meat and Potato Dinner. Well...there ya go!
Now....I'm sorry to say....I forgot to take pics of this one.... :(
But...let's press onward anyway shall we? ;)

Meat and Potato Dinner - serves 5 with leftovers as I adjusted it

4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly (I used 5 1/2 medium taters and didn't peel them)
1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained (I used 2lbs)
Green Peppers, sliced (I used 1/2 a large pepper as I'm not a fan of cooked peppers)
28 oz can chopped tomatoes (I used a 28 oz PLUS a 14 oz can)

Layer above ingredients in order given in large, deep baking dish (I used 15x10x2). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

This one was good. I really wasn't sure how it would turn out. It was suggested that this was excellent burrito fixins. Throw a little queso in there and wrap it up in a tortilla and you've got yourself a delish burrito. If you're going to do this, and when we try it later, the potatoes will need to be julienned or diced very small to make it work in a tortilla but still. Totally do-able. When layering it in the pan, I added some shredded cheddar/jack on top of the potatoes as well as a little salt and pepper. The cheese was a nice little flavor addition. As was the pepper. You could definitely swap some of the tomatoes for salsa for some more flavor as well.

So there you have it. An easy and relatively fast (prep time at least) recipe. Justice even picked and ate the meat out of it...whadya know?! :)

Try this. As it is, with your own flare, whatever but of course...please let me know how it goes!

Mo

1 comment:

  1. Mo,
    Love the blog! The recipe looks really good--and really easy, which is just what I need this week! Thanks for checking out my site!
    Sarah
    confessionsofaslackermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)