Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicken & Cheesy Potato Casserole a la Crock Pot :)

Well I've been meaning to get this one up for a little while so to try and keep you all in new recipes as often as I can, I'm going to get this one up if it takes me all day... :)

I bring to you, for your dining pleasure, a yummy slow cooker recipe perfect for the cooling temps (but great on the warm day we had it too).

I found this recipe on recipe.com. It's originally "Smoky Chicken & ...." but I didn't do the "smoky" part.. :)

Smoky Chicken and Cheesy Potato Casserole

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
1 10-3/4-ounce can  condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
1 8-ounce carton  dairy sour cream
6 ounces  smoked cheddar cheese, shredded (1-1/2 cups) (I used 2 cups nacho & taco cheese)
1 28-ounce package  frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers, thawed (I forgot the whole "thawed" part-mine were quite frozen and came out just fine!)
3 cups  chopped smoked or roasted chicken or turkey (I just poached a few breasts and diced it up)
Crushed croutons (optional) (I omitted)

Directions
1 Lightly coat the inside of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In the cooker combine soup, sour cream, cheese, frozen potatoes, and chicken.
2 Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. If desired, top each serving with crushed croutons. Makes 6 servings.

This was easy and delicious and it would be Super easy to double for a bigger clan.
We all enjoyed it. I even managed to like it despite the peppers from the potatoes. I'm not a fan of cooked peppers in any sense, but they weren't completely horrible. :) Even Justice ate a little bit of it!! And that was rather shocking!

So...I hope you enjoy this one. We'll be repeating it this winter for sure! :)

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a little love. I LOVE comments and am appreciative of yours. Feel free to leave me the link to your page and/or newest post as well! I'm all about Link Love! :)